News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tsunami Decoder in ALCO 2-6-0

Started by EMCRyCo, February 17, 2013, 05:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMCRyCo

Do you have the list of active CVs in the installed Tsunami for the ALCO 2-6-0, Item No. 51805. I have been trying to adjust the speed curve for the locomotive but it does not work. There are probably several other features that are turned off compared to the full-featured Tsunami.

utdave

bapguy

It looks like this decoder supports CV's 5 and 6. These are the max and mid speed CV's. You can also do a speed curve by adjusting CV29. I use Decoder Pro and a Digitrax PR3 to programm my CV's. Decoder Pro has an easy way to do speed curves. Down load the steam users guide from Soundtraxx. It shows how to set up speed curves and other features like auto sound configuration: The bell rings and whistle blows when the loco starts to move(CV198) for DCC I believe.  Joe 

railtwister

Remember that the Alco 2-6-0 does not come with a Tsunami Sound decoder, it has a "Sound-Value decoder", which although made by Soundtraxx (makers of the Tsunami decoders), it has less features than either a Bachmann factory installed Tsunami or a user installed Tsunami intended for separate sale. Since the complete loco with Sound Value board factory installed sells for about the same price as a user installed Tsunami board by itself, the Sound Value system is a great deal for the money.

Bill in FtL