News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-6-0

Started by union pacific 844, February 18, 2013, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

what Digitrax decoder with no sound  will fit in bachmann 0-6-0  heres  the loco http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=494

Doneldon

844-

Go to the Digitrax web site and see which one best meets your needs.

-- D

richg

Quote from: union pacific 844 on February 18, 2013, 02:31:56 PM
what digatracks decoder will fit in a ho scale bachmann 0-6-0

I think you mean a Digitrax.

A DZ125 will fit. Just follow the instructions on the package. I out one in the Plymouth, 0-6-0 switcher and also connected it to the light bulb. Isolate the two motor contacts.

Rich

WoundedBear

Sound or not?

Most any 1 amp HO or N decoder will work for you. Unless the loco is a Spectrum 0-6-0 you will need to do some soldering. I'm assuming that you're referring to the "standard" line 0-6-0 though. They don't have the eight pin connector. Are you up for that, or will you be having someone else do the installation?

Why not just use a Bachmann 44913?

Sid

richg

Quote from: WoundedBear on February 18, 2013, 02:56:00 PM
Sound or not?

Most any 1 amp HO or N decoder will work for you. Unless the loco is a Spectrum 0-6-0 you will need to do some soldering. I'm assuming that you're referring to the "standard" line 0-6-0 though. They don't have the eight pin connector. Are you up for that, or will you be having someone else do the installation?

Why not just use a Bachmann 44913?

Sid

Yeah, I think he asked one time about a 0-6-0 but I think it was the tank loco, the 0-6-0T. The 0-6-0T can be fitted with a Micro Tsunami or Micro LokSound and speaker.

Rich

Rich

Jerrys HO

Sid
QuoteWhy not just use a Bachmann 44913?

I would go with the DZ125 also. It has BEMF which I wish Bachmann's decoders would come with. Bachmann's are great but my engines with BEMF run my grades without hesitation.

Jerry

WoundedBear

Well.....if you look at the picture he posted....he has the "standard" line model....with smoke.

I wouldn't waste my money burning up an expensive digitrax decoder on that......but, hey.....you guys know best.

Sid

jward

look in the dcc section on this page:

http://www.girr.org/girr/girr_ho/girr_ho.html#dcc

he has installed a z scale decoder in the exact locomotive you have.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

Quote from: WoundedBear on February 18, 2013, 08:06:20 PM
Well.....if you look at the picture he posted....he has the "standard" line model....with smoke.

I wouldn't waste my money burning up an expensive digitrax decoder on that......but, hey.....you guys know best.

Sid

All he has to do is a current check at 12 vdc. If too much current, scrap the project. SOP.

Rich

union pacific 844

this engine is still brand new in the box is it worth adding dcc or dcc sound?

WoundedBear

Quote from: union pacific 844 on February 18, 2013, 10:20:17 PM
this engine is still brand new in the box is it worth adding dcc or dcc sound?

That's a question that only you can answer for yourself.

Sid

union pacific 844

i want dcc in it but don't know if i can do in this engine my self it looks alot harder then my bachmann UP 4-8-4s

WoundedBear

Nothing ventured....nothing gained. This is how we learn. Have you been practicing your soldering skills?

Sid

union pacific 844

no i have not my soldering iron died i need a new one

jward

man it seems like everything you touch dies..... ;D

seriously, you have to start somewhere. other here have tried to point you to numerous resources to help and inspire you. but at some point you have to stop making excuses and just try it.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA