News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#6 Crossover power extension wires

Started by BigJim, March 25, 2013, 11:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJim

I've got 2 #6 Crossovers, I've looked in Parts but I can't find the power extension wires. What do you guys recommend for a #6 crossover that is 4 feet on the other side of the table? How do you place the swtich close to the transformer?

Thanks.

Jimmy

Doneldon

BJ-

Bachmann does sell an extension but it's about ten bucks. You can just cut your existing cable and splice in bell wire or whatever for the additional length you need. The side wires don't matter much as you can easily turn the connectors over but make sure that you splice the center wires from each end of your cut together. It takes about three or four minutes to splice a wire this way which works out to about $150 - $200 per hour for your time. It's a no brainer to me.

-- D

BigJim

I found a 10' extension green wire from hobbylinc for about $7 that should (hopefully) work.

Doneldon

Quote from: BigJim on March 26, 2013, 10:01:35 AM
I found a 10' extension green wire from hobbylinc for about $7 that should (hopefully) work.

BJ-

Is it a three-conductor cable? I ask because I believe the green cables all have two-conductors.

-- D

Jerrys HO

QuoteIs it a three-conductor cable? I ask because I believe the green cables all have two-conductors.

D it is a three conductor cable. It states on the packaging for switch extension wire. I have seen these in my LHS but opted to wire my own because I have too many switches longer than the extension wire is capable of reaching.

Jerry