Bachmann sound value F7B shell removal SOS

Started by westernmaine, April 18, 2013, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westernmaine

I was wondering how the shell can be removed on one of the new F7's (I have the F7B). The exploded view diagram does not have that information, and spreading the bottom of shell away from the chassis as with Athearn and Stewart F units doesn't release it.  Any recommendations ?

jward

I don't have an f7, but on many of my Bachmann locomotives, you have to remove the fuel tank cover first. under the cover are screws that hold the body on. an alternate arrangement is screws in the chassis above the trucks which hold the body on.

on my ft's, there are 4 screws between the fuel tank and trucks, which hold the body to the chassis. these are set deep into holes in the chassis, so you'll need a long thin screwdriver to reach them.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I have the ALCO S4 and all I had to do to remove the body shell is remove the screws holding the coupler boxes in place and lift the shell.

Jerrys HO

westernmaine

Look at my pic and you will see four holes near the fuel tank remove those screws.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,22657.15.html

The A and B units use the same frame.

Jerry

westernmaine

thanks to everyone who responded.  I was able to locate the four screws bracketing the fuel tank. They are recessed in holes in the chassis.  Once I knew where to look, shell removal was simple