Dynamis - Is it possible to program auto run?

Started by Mr.T, April 23, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.T

I am just wondering, is it possible to program locos to run and stop at certain points by using dynamis? If any one knows, please post the steps. I know how to run dcc locos manually  using dynamis. Is there is a way to program auto run and stops? or dynamis only for manual operation?
As a example if loco run in a circle track, how can I program it to stop at station for few seconds and go without manually stop? Is it possible to auto program speed?
Thanks

Doneldon

richg

Quote from: Mr.T on April 23, 2013, 12:49:53 AM
I am just wondering, is it possible to program locos to run and stop at certain points by using dynamis? If any one knows, please post the steps. I know how to run dcc locos manually  using dynamis. Is there is a way to program auto run and stops? or dynamis only for manual operation?
As a example if loco run in a circle track, how can I program it to stop at station for few seconds and go without manually stop? Is it possible to auto program speed?
Thanks

Go look at the Dynamis manual. It is right here in the Bachmann site.
To my knowledge, there is no DCC system that will do what you want.

Rich

Doneldon

Rich-

I must be misapprehended. Is it really possible for Dynamis to run a
locomotive to a particular point and then stay there a while before
moving on? I didn't think that could be done.
                                                                     -- D

hawaiiho

Dynamis will not, there are some that will.

It would require a lot of work and much more than you probably have on your current layout, and this type of software.

If still interested go to this page and do a lot of reading.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

Also, you could go to You Tube and do a search for something like, HO layout automation.

There are also ways to program "Macros" with some dcc systems, but they also require equipment that you probably don't

have on your layout.

richg

Quote from: Doneldon on April 23, 2013, 01:46:52 PM
Rich-

-- D

That is what I said.
I know of no system that will do what he wants. All he has to do is read the Dynamis manual and he will see that it cannot be done.

Rich

hawaiiho

Quote from: richg on April 23, 2013, 01:59:27 PM
Quote from: Doneldon on April 23, 2013, 01:46:52 PM
Rich-

-- D

That is what I said.
I know of no system that will do what he wants. All he has to do is read the Dynamis manual and he will see that it cannot be done.

Rich

As I suggested, go to You Tube and do a search for something like HO or DCC layout automation.

I have seen numerous examples of how to automate an operation such as what he describes, but you are correct

Dynamis will not do it. Enough said here.

Joe323

Suggest you check out this persons website.

http://broadwaylion.com/index.html

He is a monk in North Dakota who has built a subway layout and uses timers etc to get his trains to stop at the stations.  He contributes to the Model Railroader forums.

Mr.T

Thanks for all the details/ideas and suggestions

hawaiiho

For what it's worth, I just did a search on You Tube for "DCC Layout Automation" and found over 2 dozen videos in less than 30 minutes.