News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

steam engines

Started by nichbuhler16754, May 20, 2013, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichbuhler16754

Well I know bachmann has has all the goods for the tender and the chassis but it was the moter the smoke unit was bent and waires were torn in half. I still have it under my bed.  And yes it is from bachmann. I just think it might be Easier to just buy another one of the same locomotive. And not every thing is destroyed, the welees are okay still and the body is very fine, it still looks new I guess I could see if they have the parts for it though, but like I said even the DCC decoder was bent. So I don't know, I will see if they have the parts but.........

Mdaskalos

Quote from: nichbuhler16754 on May 21, 2013, 11:54:02 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh and Doneldon thank you for your tip, it's just the engine I want is very cool it's the 0-6-0 #4443 union pacific, I thought it would be a perfect engine to begin with, and I got last summer but when I put it down stairs in a case and what happend was we were going fore willing and I came back and it was on the ground broken in I believe 10- 20 peaces, I was devistared my first engine distoyed, one train wreck I will never forget. I really want to get it again but.....................  I don't know, you know???

Before you take up model railroding seriously, you might want to rectify the problem that permits models in glass cases to be destroyed while you're gone. Whatever can damage something that was in a glass case and leave it on the floor  :o (cat, pet monkey, little brother, bitter exes, etc.) can have a field day with whatever will be out on your layout.

nichbuhler16754

I think it was our cat but..

electrical whiz kid

I like a lot of modellers, do not run exact prototype.  I try to use logic when selecting motive power for trains, as well as concept for my railroad-a utility type bridge line connecting likely areas as Portsmouth, New hampshire, and Troy-or maybe Poughkeepsie, with connections with Maine Central, C entral Vermont, Rutland, and of course, Boston and Maine-my "competitor".  Logic will prevail with small-ish consists, local freights, way freights, and through/drag freights.  Not much emphasis is placed upon passenger runs, as the business would probably not justify the trains-besides, freight is much more fun. 
A selection of smaller motive power, such as 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-2, as well as larger beasties like 2-6-6-2, 2-10-2 for the "man-sized" freights.  Service facilities are in keeping with what runs on the layout.  In theory, whatever will do the job in an expedient manner is what is used.  Locos actually rostered on the layout are minimally numbered. Most railroads did not have a bunch of locos just hanging around-especially small roads; they made do with what they had.
Rich C.