News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

the new F7 sound units

Started by utdave, June 17, 2013, 01:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utdave

ok   ive been working on my brand new f7 sounds .       i purchased a few of the b units  for the sound .   i went ahead and put the frist unit on the track  to hear what it sounds like.    the engine sound is great and start up is great .     now when i hit F2 no horn then f3 no horn    hummm   so i went for the bells f1    no bells .

went to soundtrax website    cv 129 for horn  i set to 200     now i got horns on f2 and f 3  ok     
then went for the bells          cv 130  for bells i set to 64 like the a unit cv's       no bell or it wont take .

im going to be trading out the shells on my royal gorge  b unit  so i can have sounds on my ABA consist.
then changing one shell on my alaska passanger    so it can have sound also .  then i have the southern pacific to have sound    and the last one is up in the air which one gets it in frieght haulin .

has anybody had troubles getting the bells to work on b units yet   or am i the frist .     why did'nt they just have those sounds ready  to go.    nothing said in anything ive read that these sounds were shut off  or just my glasses need adjusting again lol .      fellow bachmann members need to take note that all sounds are not turned on these b units       
Dave ::)

Jerrys HO

Dave
I was under the assumption the B units had no bells and whistles (I mean horn) ;D

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,21132.0.html

Jerry

Bucksco

The B units come with the horn and bell "turned off". As you noted they can be activated.

West Bound

So Yardmaster how do you turn the bell on? Does CV 130 need to be set higher or do you need to use another CV? - Thanks John

Bucksco

West Bound

Thanks Yardmaster, The reason I asked, utdave said he set 130 @ 64 and got no sound. I was also under the impression along with jerrys ho that B units did not have bell or horn. I will purchase a set

utdave

going to give it another try tonight        thanks   for the help  i started to think maybe the bells were not included.    Dave 

Joe Baldwin

Joe Daddy

utdave

NOTE to Dave         clean your service track    so the programming will take much easier            i lowered the rate of the bell also so it sounds a little different  than the rest .         Dave