News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound decoders sold seperate

Started by rrbob, June 22, 2013, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrbob

How about selling your sound decoders with speakers so we can add sound to older units that don't have them? I have several  Bachmann 2-8-0's and 4-4-0's that I would love to add sound to.
How about it Bach-man?  Please?
Bob D

Doneldon

bob-

This question has come up several times. If I understand correctly, and there is NO guaranty that I do, Bachmann's contract does not include direct marketing of non-installed sound decoders. That's good in a way: The Bachmann sound value decoders have a somewhat limited number of features and options, such as the number of bells and whistles. If you purchase a sound or sound/motion decoder and speaker from a manufacturer, you will have more options in both choice of manufacturer and sounds, making your sound installation potentially more useful.
                                                                                                                                    -- D

richg

Quote from: rrbob on June 22, 2013, 03:01:25 PM
How about selling your sound decoders with speakers so we can add sound to older units that don't have them? I have several  Bachmann 2-8-0's and 4-4-0's that I would love to add sound to.
How about it Bach-man?  Please?
Bob D

Then, everyone will be asking to upgrade all the features to the ones you buy and install yourself. This will be undercutting SoundTraxx, the present supplier of Bachmann sound decoders.
The decoders you buy yourself are easier to install anyway and more features. The ones you buy and install are more compact. I have both types of Bachmann steamers.

SoundTraxx list for Bachmann locos.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann

Rich

wjstix

Tsunami sound decoders can be bought and easily installed (just unplug the installed non-sound decoder, or the 'dummy plug' on non-DCC engines, and plug in the sound decoder). Digitrax, ESU, QSI and other companies also make sound decoders that can be easily installed.

Joe Baldwin

Quote from: wjstix on June 24, 2013, 09:58:52 AM
Tsunami sound decoders can be bought and easily installed (just unplug the installed non-sound decoder, or the 'dummy plug' on non-DCC engines, and plug in the sound decoder). Digitrax, ESU, QSI and other companies also make sound decoders that can be easily installed.

My experience is the installation of a sound decoder in a DC, DCC ready or DCC on board loco is with speaker placement.  Installing the sound decoder is typically pretty easy, but getting that speaker and BAFFLE to fit can be a bear and in some cases, a show stopper.
Joe Daddy