News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas layout ideas

Started by ThomasFan2013, July 06, 2013, 05:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan2013

Hey guys, I'm a huge Thomas fan, and I want to make a layout that's not to big like under 6x5. I wanted to make the Ffarquhar Branchline, but now I'm not sure. Can you guys Help me please?

jward

your best bet would be to build on a 4x8 sheet of plywood if you have that much room. it's pretty hard to do much in HO in a smaller space. I'd also suggest looking at a few layout plan books like those atlas publishes. there are many layouts there which would fit the bill. the best part is that, unlike many of the track plans in kalmbach's books, the atlas plans have actually been built by the authors, so if you follow all dimensions you know it will work.

choose a track plan, then scenic it to look like the island of sodor.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ThomasFan2013

Actually, I'm want to build my own layout with things from Thomas HO scale stuff.

jward

the plan books show the track layout, and components needed. sometimes they also show how to build the table as well. since track is standard, it doesn't matter what you run on it, or what buildings you have. but the plans will be free from mistakes in design which an inexperienced modeler might make that would cause you all sorts of problems like derailments and short circuits.

there are some track configurations which do not work well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ThomasFan2013

we;; I recently made my layout of Thomas and friends, and I don't know if I should make this or something else:

file:///C:/Users/john/Desktop/layout.jpg

AJW98Productions

Quote from: ThomasFan2013 on July 07, 2013, 12:39:43 PM
we;; I recently made my layout of Thomas and friends, and I don't know if I should make this or something else:

file:///C:/Users/john/Desktop/layout.jpg
File not found ;) but seriously that doesn't work for anyone not using your computer, I suggest uploading it to imageshack or photobucket which will allow us to see your picture :).

Rollin Mayham

Well I actually had the same problem and what I decided that I am going to do a Union Pacific with Thomas and Friends. However I am doing a freelanced project which is what I suggest to you Hope you find your project.

ThomasFan2013

Well I finally thought up to make a Ffarquhar layout (RWS with TV series combined)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b560/TGF012/71f4056d-bb55-4dd8-bd8c-911708910615_zps8e7eb3fd.jpg?t=1373991411

The platform is going to be Ffarquhar station and the siding to the straight line is going to have a shed

ThomasFan2013

Wait, I maent to say track to station.