News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40AX

Started by dankoesterman, August 25, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dankoesterman

I have a new Bachmann DD40AX with sound, it worked perfect out of the box, but now it runs and all the lights work fine but the sound keeps shutting off while standing still, it did not do this at first, but as soon as i move the throttle in restarts the sound, I am using a Digitrax Zephr extra.

hawaiiho

Did you read the manual, not the "Quick Start Guide" Read that, then toss it aside.

The "real manual is on the DVD that should have come with your Loco or on line at  

Bachmann's web site under:

PARTS, SERVICE & INFORMATION

DCC ON BOARD

Sound Trax TsunamI

http://www.soundtraxx.com/manuals/Users%20Guide%20Diesel.pdf

The page you need to read is:

Page  46---- USING THE QUIET MODE

Will

Hunt

The decoder factory installed in the Bachmann HO DD40AX is a SoundTraxx Bachmann OEM Sound Value decoder; it is not a SoundTraxx Bachmann OEM Tsunami sound decoder.

The Sound Value decoder in the Bachmann HO DD40AX does not have the "Quiet Mode Timeout Period" (CV 113) feature according to its Configuration Variable Defaults PDF .

hawaiiho

Sorry, I didn't read where he said it was the  "sound value " unit . 

hawaiiho

Did you ever figure out what was causing your DD40AX to act the way it was? If not:

If you have a program track set up, did you read the decoder, if so what did it indicate, and what was the value of CV 113?  I have four "sound value" locomotives and all read the same. None of my "sound value"  locos exhibit any behavior like you are seeing(except under DC operation). I also have more than a half dozen Tsunami equipped locomotives, and all are programmed to go quiet after being idled for a period of time, like your DD40AX. But, those locos are equipped with regular Tsunami decoders,  the sound starts up as soon as any throttle is applied.

Will