News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

IHC Pacifics & Mikes get small flanges

Started by Jim2903, August 31, 2007, 11:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim2903

Ad in the October MR says the new IHC Pacifics and Mikados will have RP-25 flanges and a DCC plug. Has me rethinking my plan to get the deep flanges on mine turned down ...

Jim Dudlicek
Hoffman Estates, IL
Jim Dudlicek
Hoffman Estates, IL

Cascade International Ry.

Atlantic Central

Roger,

That may be, but it is in the ad in the new MR, and I have personally seen the advance flyer sent to dealers.

This first run is a limited number of roadnames, but the change to RP25 is coming, soon.

Sheldon

SteamGene

Roger,
A lot of websites are not totally up to date.  It depends on when the webmeister has the time to make the changes.  And maybe somebody didn't bother to notify the webmeister yet.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

I hope this is true and that the 2-6-0 is put on the list ASAP.

The 2-6-0, with a little kitbashing, will be an excellent loco to add two or three to the GER's roster.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I too have seen the ad and was pleased to know that IHC is finally coming to their senses as they make engines with nice mechanisms that are fun to work with especially in the re-detailing department.
     I am curious to see what they do with their version of the Reading Crusader engine as it is listed as semi-streamlined and the actual Crusader engine was more than that.
     Now we have to hope they go another step forward and start putting operating pilot couplers on their steam engines as they do with the 2-8-0s.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

SteamGene

Page 24, October MODEL RAILROADER.  BTW, Roger, their semi-streamlined Hudson looks very Canadian, except for its large tender.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on September 02, 2007, 08:21:35 AM
Page 24, October MODEL RAILROADER.  BTW, Roger, their semi-streamlined Hudson looks very Canadian, except for its large tender.
Gene

Gene.

I'll have to check that one out.  Tenders are, of course, no problem.  :-)

Car Bud

For Roger or Gene----Bill in Vic BC Re:  The IHC Hudson,which looks very Canadian,wouldn't be the same one that was brought out by President's Choice as a Christmas special for the kids in the colors of CNR # 5702 with an oversized Vandy tender,would it? If it is,since the IHC Hudson in the 2007 Walther's Catalog was never illustrated and not available until late this year,then it was meant to be Canadian and not issued as an IHC product in the states. I have updated that one to look like the real 5702 by adding sections of a winterized cab and replacing the existing tender with one from a Bachmann UP Overland Limited Short Vandy Barrel oil  tender with modified hand rails and coal box,using black ashtray sand as coal.

SteamGene

Car Bud,
I saw the locomotive in an IHC magazine ad.  It's called a "semi-streamlined" Hudson and has the fairing along the engine walkway. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat