STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2018, 10:19:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  0-4-0 Side tank Porter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 0-4-0 Side tank Porter  (Read 4097 times)
DTRAINS

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »

I hope to buy one of the new side tank Porters soon.First I would like to hear from people that have one of the new ones.The good and the bad.If it's like the old one it will keep on going.
  Thanks,David
Jon D. Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »

I think you would be well pleased with this latest side tank Porter.

There is a detailed review of the Porter published at Large Scale on Line.  Variety of pictures that show both outside and inside features of the Porter.

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)
Pospete

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:59:24 AM »

It's a great little work horse!   I am so glad i got one.   Not found anything wrong with it either, tho a slight complaint is that when I installed the sound, the speaker is baffled a bit too much and it's quite quiet, even on full volume.  Apart from that I am very pleased overall.
cjwalas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »

I'm also very happy with mine. It runs very smoothly and has a much more robust drive train than the previous version.  No problems whatsoever.
Chris
Steve Stockham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:03:10 PM »

I'm extremely satisfied with mine as well! They took what was a great little engine and re-did it in Fn3! Grin The new side tank Porter is a great addition to the Spectrum line!
John B

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:29:19 AM »

David,

Check this out....

http://www.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43849

John
Maine 2 Foot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »

For those who have one already......what is the driver size/diameter and the wheelbase of the drivers, axle to axle? Looks like a good candidate for a project I have in mind. At the very least if I didn't bash it I would like to have one just for the good looks!

Vinc
Jon D. Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »

Vinc.
Driver diameter is 1 3/8" and wheel base is 2 3/16".  These measurements match those of the Saddle Tank Porter.  The wheel base is exactly the same as that of both the Saddle Tank Porter (1:20.3) and the Side Tank Porter (1:22.5).

Having posted these measurements, I will say that the measurements were not made with a caliper that reads out to .0000. 

If you want, contact me off net and I'll send you a detailed review of the Porter that also contains 27 photos that highlight both external and internal details.

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)
DTRAINS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »

Thanks everyone for the input and the great photos.I hope to have one of the new Porters soon.Sounds like a great loco.My old one keeps on going,it's survived alot,like an 11' fall off my porch,and has run many actual miles.
     Thanks,David
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: