News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fluted domes for 2-6-0

Started by Matt Bumgarner, September 15, 2007, 07:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Bumgarner

Does anybody out there make any older style fluted domes for the 2-6-0?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Matt Bumgarner

ksivils

Don Kralik of Xeodon used to, but the business is hiatus for awhile, Don has to focus on some other things.

I would try PSC or the Backshop.  You should order a PSC 1/4 scale parts catalog.  It costs about $23 but just looking at it and all the available parts is worth the price alone.  They have lots of different domes.

The Backshop I think has some fluted domes and the parts are all very high quality, not to mention Dave has lots of parts specifically for the Bachmann 2-6-0.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Royce Wilson

Matt,
     Don Kralik made some very fine stuff to includes his wagons!
I never understood why more O scale modelers were not buying lots of these, in most areas of the world up to and around 1920 horses outnumbered autos.

anyway back to domes for the 2-6-0. Don;s are designed to fit the Bachmann 2-6-0.
When you remove the flat Union Pacific domes you will find holes in the boiler.
What I did was remove the boiler and glue a small piece of styrene under it and fill the hole with a model putty and sand it when dry.
I used a product called ,Squadron putty, and don't forget to finish with fine sand paper and wet it to polish.
PSC sell some nice brass domes. If you join the Yahoo group TOC narrowgauge there is a photos o0f this engine backdated.
                                                             Royce :D