News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track turnout - Questions.

Started by phraktal, December 25, 2013, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phraktal

Hi,

I've got my kids a Bachmann DCC kit based on EZ track, and I've also got them Bachmann track pack. Everything with DCC works great, trains are running, except for turnout switches... The main kit came with EZ Command Control Center (44901) and the track pack included a 4 turnouts. From youtube videos I understood I need to connect little black remote turnout switches together and then plug the power cable (red) from my EZ command unit to the chain of switches, and exit on the other side and connect it to the rail connectors (red). Each turnout is connected with a green cable to a switch. With this setup, I can't switch turnouts properly. They make a sound when I press and switch a little black button, but they sound is as if there was not enough power to switch them. In youtube videos the switch sound is clear "click", in my case, it is a dull "buzz". Trains continue to run correctly with that setup.

Do I need to purchase a separate unit to power these switches or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Hunt

You need a separate power supply.

Click Here for Turnout Instructions.

You can also use an AC or DC Wall Wart power supply- rated 12 to 16 volts and 500 milliamps to 1 amp.   The Wall Wart probably will have a small plug on the end of its cable; cut it off and connect the wires to the turnout's controller. You can find a suitable Wall Wart at Walmart, Radio Shack,  electronics supply or like store.