News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dc controllers ?

Started by union pacific 4014, December 28, 2013, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 4014

bachmann ones don't seem to last  just burnt up  my new one thats only 4 days old   :( is it under warranty ?

Doneldon

4014-

Yes, it should be. But ... you'll just get another anemic power pack as a replacement. Why not save the postage and get a small MRC product? If the Bachmann set PP had adequate power, an entry-level MRC PP will work, too. Or pick-up a used quality PP on eBay.
                                                                                                                                                                             -- D

union pacific 4014

ok  will a mcr  run two or locos

Doneldon

4014-

Sure. Three or four modern locomotives should be no problem.

-- D

jbrock27

My consistent, strong MRC recommendations over B'mann power packs aside Matt , have you ever given thought to what you are doing that you keeping burning up power packs?  This is not the first time, correct?
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 4014

yes used  one i kill them before only i can think of is running  it long?  a hole day to much to for bachmann controller ?  with a 25 car freight train with 4-8-4  on flat track  i did notice the seemed like it not putting out much power  my loco  seemed too run slower the then the last time i run them with my old  controller  died 

jbrock27

Matt, I am not clear on your whole response, but from what I think I understand, it looks like you are saying you're running trains for the whole day.  If this is nontop running, are you there at your layout the whole time to keep an eye on things?  If you are not, I would treat it the same way as when something is cooking on the stove-don't leave it unattended while on, bad things can easily result.   When you are not present to attend to it, I suggest turning it off.
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 4014

yes im all way have my eye  on my layout the whole time to keep an eye on things running or not    i even let  my 4 year old niece run my train when shes here   she loves trains  and know the difference form steam and diesel locos   thanks to me   ::)

Irbricksceo

I must say, even if Bachmann Power packs are not the best of the lot, I haven't had an issue, I have twp from around eight years ago that work as well as one from this year that does well. Are you sure you dont have a problem somewhere else?
Modeling NYC in N

union pacific 4014

no i run all my locos on a 9v battery with no problems  i have no accessories  just two loops of track  separated tho