News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 Tender/DCC Ready

Started by guslcp, December 30, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guslcp

I was given this 2-6-0 engine for Christmas, and wish to install a decoder in it, but for reasons known only to the designer, taking off the tender shell is an impossible task.  Are there some magic words that need to be said, or some ritual that needs to be carried out in order to remove it..??

Has anyone actually managed to do this..??  If so, I would certainly appreciate any pointers on how to accomplish this.

Thanks for any input from y'all...

Gus.

P.D.-  I have installed over a dozen decoders in all sorts of engines, so I'm not a newbie at this... ;)

Hunt

If it a current production one
Click Here Yardmaster let the cat out of the bag.  ;)

richg

All the Bachmann tenders I have done have either one or two screws under the frame and are located near the front of the tender. Never had any issues finding them.
A jewelers screwdriver set sold almost anywhere has at least one Phillips screwdriver.

Rich

rogertra

Quote from: guslcp on December 30, 2013, 10:54:11 PM
I was given this 2-6-0 engine for Christmas, and wish to install a decoder in it, but for reasons known only to the designer, taking off the tender shell is an impossible task.  Are there some magic words that need to be said, or some ritual that needs to be carried out in order to remove it..??

Has anyone actually managed to do this..??  If so, I would certainly appreciate any pointers on how to accomplish this.

Thanks for any input from y'all...

Gus.

P.D.-  I have installed over a dozen decoders in all sorts of engines, so I'm not a newbie at this... ;)

Like most tenders, opening one up is a breeze.  They are all basically the same, two screws at the front of the tender and two tabs at the back.  In the case of the 2-6-0, two screws, one either side of the tender/loco coupler.  Couldn't be easier.  :)

guslcp

Quote from: Hunt on December 30, 2013, 11:00:14 PM
If it a current production one
Click Here Yardmaster let the cat out of the bag.  ;)

Hunt...You hit the nail on the head...Thanks a lot.   Now I have to wait 'till the decoder gets here...

Thanks to all who responded...I appreciate your input... :)

Gus

guslcp

Update....
Decoder arrived and installed...Hardest part was stuffing it into that tiny tender.
She runs like a dream...I'm a happy camper... :)
Thanks again to y'all...

Gus