News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BACHMANN N SCALE SD45 DCC READY?

Started by MBOOTS1, September 26, 2007, 05:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBOOTS1

Hello
Has anyone installed a decoder in the Bachmann sd45 n scale loco which i believe is dcc ready? Bachmann do not provide any wiring instructions with the loco on how this is done although looking at the light circuit board n860x-p02b i think you may wire in via the contacts under the removable clips on the side of the board can anyone tell me which colour leads go to which contact if I'm right in thinking this.

regards
Mboots1

fieromike

Quote from: MBOOTS1 on September 26, 2007, 05:15:50 PM
Hello
Has anyone installed a decoder in the Bachmann sd45 n scale loco which i believe is dcc ready? Bachmann do not provide any wiring instructions with the loco on how this is done although looking at the light circuit board n860x-p02b i think you may wire in via the contacts under the removable clips on the side of the board can anyone tell me which colour leads go to which contact if I'm right in thinking this.

regards
Mboots1
Look closely at the circuit board where the clips are located.  I believe the holes are marked for decoder installation.  I've seen pictures to this fact, but can't seem to locate them today.

Mike

blueridge1971

Hi there, I bought an SD-45 DCC READY & thought the same thing. If you look at this PDF file
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/N850X-IS001_2.PDF

You will see that your PC board has the same wiring on it. I did. It'll show you how to wire it for DCC. Hope this helps. Bachmann needs to Be more specific about the instrutions included with their locos in my opinion.

r0bert

decoder install in j, but the method is the same

PghEast

On close examination the 2 large resistors that hang under
the PCB do not allow a decoder to be placed in the space
in the frame. If anyone HAS installed a decoder which one
and where did it fit.The shell leaves no room on top.
Question to Bachman: How is this loco converted?
I've seen the pdf on it, there's no indication where the
decoder can go.

r0bert

there is room under the board for a DZ123, or Lenz mini.
the decoder fits between the resistors and the rear, in the frame notch under the board.

Penn_senseless

i hard wired a digitrax 123 in mine. Threw away the original light board. there is instructions on the net how to do it. Works great.

r0bert

remove the capacitor

fieromike

Quote from: r0bert on February 04, 2008, 01:49:48 PM
remove the capacitor

Thanks for the great pics and the clean installation!  How does it run?

Mike

r0bert

taz3267

Quote from: r0bert on February 04, 2008, 01:49:48 PM
remove the capacitor

Your First photo says to remove the capacitor, is that correct and is it necessary?