News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP!!!!

Started by TrainDude645, February 03, 2014, 07:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainDude645

Please help I want to model an amtrak phase ivb consist and want to use bachmann coaches. I could only find the bachmann phase v(actually phase ivb) cafe on ebay but dont know where to buy coaches also pleasedont give links where the coach is out of stock reply as soon as possible

Doneldon

TD-

Relax. You don't need to be in such a rush. This is supposed to be a hobby to help us (and you) relax and enjoy life.

Because we are in this for fun, not to experience as much pressure as possible, a post like this one will be ignored by many of us. If you aren't interested enough to do your own leg work we sure aren't about to add to our own responsibilities by doing it for you. There may be a softie who will run around for you but I hope not. The best thing we can be for you is help you learn how to help yourself. And how to be patient!

No one here knows where you can find what you are looking for unless we do all of the footwork which you need to do for yourself. We can suggest e-tailers or eBay as possible sources for the items you want but it is up to you to go to those places to check for inventory and prices.

That said, I suggest that you search eBay for the coaches you want, and then do a Google search with the key words for what you want. I suppose "Bachmann Amfleet coach" would be one way to start. Or "Bachmann HO passenger train." You might also want to search just for model train stores because many on-line sites don't have their inventory listed in such a way as to allow Google to query about every single item. This may take you a short while but try to see it as a learning experience and an opportunity to see how the www can help your modeling.

I'll also tell you that Walther's shows out-of-stock on the coaches you want but, since you didn't go there yourself, you didn't learn that they can give you the names of hobby shops to which they have shipped inventory and which may still have the items available. If I were you, I'd certainly check there, although there are no guarantees as to availability or prices.

Good luck in your search. Let us know how things turn out.
                                                                                            -- D

TrainDude645

thanks for the reply I really wasnt in to much of a hurry I just am making a modern passenger layout and think that phase ivb
amfleet 1s will look good on it maybe ill wait for someone to post some on ebay and ill buy them

ALCO1000

Ha Um,
From past experience,When your hell bent in finding something you have a hard time finding it.

When your looking for something else,you will find what you were looking for before!Good Luck on your search!
Jack 

TrainDude645

I know when I was looking for a train set I kept seeing phase ivb amfleet 1s everywhere but now theyre all gone so I guess Ill have to buy the extremely overpriced walthers proto cars when they come out in april

TrainDude645

I also have another question since im doing a modern passenger layout I want to know if amtrak still uses phase iv or are all amtrak trains now phase ivb?

jward

i still see a few ph4 diesels running about. those ones are all widebodies that look similar to those used by the freight railroads, but with 4 wheel trucks instead of 6. walthers made models of this type a few years back.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TrainDude645

I dont mean locos because I already have the athearn p42 but I am asking what does amtrak still use phase iv on their amfleets or aare all amfleets now phase ivb?  also what current phase are the superliners in because most of the superliners are phase iv and I want my superliner consist to be accurate for the time period(2000-present) thanks for all you're help you have been really helpful in helping me with my layout
\\

jward

the ph4 painted cars are appropriate for 2000. it was the official paint scheme back then, the current one didn't come in until about 2001-2002.  as a matter of fact, most of the locomotives and cars I saw during this era were in ph4.

I really couldn't say about the superliners, because the Amtrak train which runs by the house only uses amfleet cars.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TrainDude645

so amtrak doesnt use phase 4 for their amfleets anymore? ok i guess ill have to preorder the turbo expensive walthers proto ones and see how does turn out. Also I have no idea what the current superliner phase is so it would be nice if you helped me out on that ???  thanks for your answer :D :P

jward

I don't see the superliners. I live along a height restricted route where they are not permitted.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TrainDude645

I understand that do you live near the northeast corridor?? because I do and I also dont see any superliners but I am asking the superliner question to people who actually see superliners. phew how many times did I say superliner?? ;D

jward

no, I don't live near the corridor, I live along the ns Pittsburgh line, about 100 miles west of horseshoe curve. but our Amtrak train does run the corridor between Harrisburg and penn station. thus, the height restriction. I believe our amfleets are in the same pool of cars used on the corridor as well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Irbricksceo

I do know the answer, at least if memory serves, up until around 2002-4 they used phase IV and then Phase V. All cars now however are Phase IVb which is IV with a different Logo. That said, Depending on when you are modeling, the IV or V could work for you.

Keep in mind if you wish that the Amtrack lines also see other lines through, just a few of the NE corridors users:
Amtrak
NJ transit
LIRR
Metro-north
MBTA

I have personally seen all of these tossed around the area (where i used to live saw Metro-North and NJ-transit all the time.
Modeling NYC in N

TrainDude645

I am modeling present day los angeles so I would need to have a southwest chief a metrolink and some sort of amfleet consist. I already have my metrolink and getting the phase ivb superliners so I want to know what kind f amfleet trains run to or near LA and also which cars would you reccomend more bachmann amfleet 1 or walthers proto amfleet 1 I am looking fo something prototypically accurate but not to exprensive and cant find to much information about the bachmanns. Thanks for the reply about the superliner.