News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Daylight Cars

Started by UnumProvident101, February 07, 2014, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnumProvident101

I got 6 Con-Cor daylight cars and my dad can't find the right kind of coupler that matches the Bachmann Railfan HO 4449
the passenger cars had long couplers but my dad wants medium length couplers.

jbrock27

UP, are you saying your dad is looking for medium shank knuckle couplers w/coil springs?  What style knuckle?  ie: center, underset.  They are out there.   Where has he been looking that he cannot find what he is looking for?
Keep Calm and Carry On

UnumProvident101

Doneldon

UP101-

Go to the Kadee web site. They have a chart which will help you find exactly the coupler
you need and they will work just fine with the Bachmann knuckle couplers.
                                                                                                                  -- D

jbrock27

UP, you did not answer where your dad was looking but could not find them, but the Bachmann couplers Doc mentioned can be found on EBay, by doing a GOOGLE search, Rakuten, The Favorite Spot...
It is usually cheaper per unit, to buy them in sheets of 12 packs (pairs) than individual packs.
Keep Calm and Carry On

UnumProvident101

When I connected the daylight cars to the 4449 the cars would come apart when the train goes around the curve

jbrock27

Is this happening with the original couplers you were looking to replace or new ones you have put in their place?
How long are the cars?  What is the radius of the curve(s) where this is happening?
Keep Calm and Carry On

UnumProvident101

UnumProvident101

Doneldon

Quote from: UnumProvident101 on February 08, 2014, 02:31:04 PM
cars are 72" inch

UP101-

We'll have to assume these are 12" per car.

-- D

jbrock27

UP, the one word answers aren't going to get you the help you seek.  "20 Questions" is a game best played elsewhere.
-Radius of the curves?
Keep Calm and Carry On

UnumProvident101

jbrock27

Ok.  Someone with experience running long (passenger cars) should be able to chime in here to tell you if the radius of your curves is part of your problems or not (ie. if it is too small a radius for that length car).

Are the couplers on the cars knuckle style?  Do they have a metal coil spring on the knuckle?

Keep Calm and Carry On

UnumProvident101

jbrock27

Micah, have you tried asking your questions on the Trainz Discussion Forum?
Keep Calm and Carry On