News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40AX

Started by dankoesterman, February 24, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dankoesterman

I have the Bachmann DD40AX sound value.
I can set all cvs except the cvs 193and 194 (bell on set point and bell off set point) i have tried the
default values of 05 and 10, i am using a Digitrax Zephry,  again I can change all other cvs but those two.

Hunt

You must also program CV 198, Digital Mode Automatic Sound Configuration.

CV 198 set to 4 will enable Automatic Bell  on and  off as defined by CV 193 and CV 194

dankoesterman

Thanks that worked, next ? can you set the automatic horn for reverse and forward?

Thanks

Hunt

Q: can you set the automatic horn for reverse and forward?
A: Yes.

A airhorn signal can be set to automatically sound
     One Short Toot = Stop
     Two Medium Toots = Forward
     Three Short Toots = Reverse

This and more  "how to" is covered in the online Diesel Sound User's Guide.

dankoesterman

Thanks, I finally found the user guide.

bapguy

CV198=6: auto bell and horn.  Joe

dankoesterman

Thanks to all, it worked. the paper work that comes with the Engine should explain were to find this information, its pretty vague. its like the don't want you to know every thing the decoder is capable of.

Again thanks to every one for the help.

Hunt

Realize the diesel user's guide available online is not written specifically for the Sound Value decoder factory installed in the Bachmann DD40AX locomotive. The Sound Value decoder is not capable of all things covered in the diesel user's guide or the diesel technical reference. 

dankoesterman

I do understand that the Decoder does not have all the functions as full function decoder does, But then why do they not publish instructions on which cvs can be changed so you don't have do trial and error on all the cvs that are listed with a full function Decoder to see which ones can be changed. Don't get me wrong i am very satisfied with Bachmann products, just a suggestion on how to make it a little less frustrating.

Again thanks to all for the help.

Hunt

Quote from: dankoesterman on February 25, 2014, 05:40:34 PM
.... why do they not publish instructions on which cvs can be changed so you don't have do trial and error ....

Click Here for a PDF with list of the supported CVs and their default value for the Bachmann HO DD40AX Sound Value Equipped locomotive.

dankoesterman

Was this on the Bachmann site or the Tsunami site? and how did you find this?

Thanks

Doneldon

Quote from: dankoesterman on February 26, 2014, 12:14:38 AM
Thanks

Dan-

The address line for the link shows that the information is on the Soundtrax site.

-- D

dankoesterman

Thanks to every one.
:D

Hunt

Quote from: dankoesterman on February 26, 2014, 12:14:38 AM
Thanks
It is on the SoundTraxx website.

To find it ---
Following the links in the Bachmann website starting with 
  PARTS, SERVICE,
  & INFORMATION 

to

to

Bachmann has not yet add

You will be linked to the Bachmann Industries (Click Here) webpage on the SoundTraxx website, which contains Sound Value and more links to information.

The Sound Value SoundTraxx Bachmann OEM decoder factory installed in the Bachmann HO DD40AX diesel is not a Tsunami decoder but , as advised, there is very little documentation written directly for the Sound Value decoder.  Some features, for example – the addressing restriction, are the same. Where the features are the same in the Sound Value and a Tsunami decoder you can use the SoundTraxx Tsunami documentation for details and how-to.

Click Here   for a PDF list of the Bachmann HO DD40AX Sound Value Equipped Configuration Variable Defaults. Use this CV list as an index for looking up feature detail instructions in some of the SoundTraxx documentation written for the Tsunami decoder. This does have some drawbacks but it is what is available.   

richg

Quote from: dankoesterman on February 25, 2014, 05:40:34 PM
I do understand that the Decoder does not have all the functions as full function decoder does, But then why do they not publish instructions on which cvs can be changed so you don't have do trial and error on all the cvs that are listed with a full function Decoder to see which ones can be changed. Don't get me wrong i am very satisfied with Bachmann products, just a suggestion on how to make it a little less frustrating.

Again thanks to all for the help.

This is the Digital Age. Bachmann does post what comes with the sounds. Many assume full Tsunami which it is not. I see this issue every so often in different train forums. It is a SoundTraxx decoder with Tsunami technology.
Most companies today expect the buyer to download the documents from the Web. Much more efficient and less costly. I forget how many I have seen in different forums who tossed manuals and came asking.
I buy digital devices and they recommend a URL to download documents. Don't have to even print them out.
Same thing with my IPhone and Pebble smart watch. I am not a techie. Be 73 soon. Today, change is a constant.

Rich