How do you turn up the volume on a S4 diesel loco equipped with DCC sound value?

Started by Traindude51, March 22, 2014, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traindude51

Hello, I just picked up a S4 diesel switcher with sound value. It was purchased thru a private party on Ebay. It did not come with a manual. It runs great and makes all the sounds it is capable of but it is very quiet compared to my other sound locos. I am running it thru a Bachmann EZ command but also just purchased a NCE power cab. Which I have not set up yet. Any suggestions? Forgive me but I am not yet Mr. Fixit in regards pulling locos apart. Thanks in advance for your responses, traindude 51

Dieselman

What brand of loco is it and what decoder does it have. You will have to get on the internet and find the value to increase the sound and then program it.

ALCO0001

Quote from: Traindude51 on March 22, 2014, 03:29:39 PM
Hello, I just picked up a S4 diesel switcher with sound value. It was purchased thru a private party on Ebay. It did not come with a manual. It runs great and makes all the sounds it is capable of but it is very quiet compared to my other sound locos. I am running it thru a Bachmann EZ command but also just purchased a NCE power cab. Which I have not set up yet. Any suggestions? Forgive me but I am not yet Mr. Fixit in regards pulling locos apart. Thanks in advance for your responses, traindude 51
IF its the Bachmann s4 ,cv128 is the master volume same with tsumani soundtraxx,there are individual volume controls for the horn ,bell prime mover,YOU HAVE 3 DIFFERENT HORNS CHOICE,cv 115 value 0 ,1,2.Check the soundtraxx website there is info there on the sound value and or tsumani same cvs, but the sound value has less of course than the full tsumani!,Hope this helps.
Jack