News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Train Set Request

Started by TrainFan97, April 02, 2014, 05:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Dear Mr. Bach-man,

I got a request for an HO scale train set.

The loco would be an 0-4-0 diesel locomotive with unpainted outside-frame side rods with no link rods. It would be a dark gray colored diesel loco that's a little shorter than the Chattanooga steam engine without the tender. It should sort-of look like a mini 70 ton switcher. The loco would be pulling a tanker car, a box car, a hopper, and a caboose.

The loco is also an original design.

The track would be a loop with 2 straight pieces.

I can't think of a name for the set. It would be up to you.

If this set becomes real, let's hope it would sell. This is just a suggestion.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

wiley209

That would make for a decent starter set, particularly if someone wants to start out with a train set using a diesel switcher locomotive.
Bachmann did have a set like that in the late 1970s: the Yardmaster, but it was with a blue-and-yellow Santa Fe switcher, pulling a boxcar and hopper car and caboose, and it only had a 36" circle of track instead of a 45x36" oval (which is what you have in mind, though the E-Z track equivalent would be 47x38").
Of course in the late 1970s, the Bachmann locomotives then were not the best quality compared to what they have today  ;D

TrainFan97

Quote from: wiley209 on April 02, 2014, 06:47:08 PM
That would make for a decent starter set, particularly if someone wants to start out with a train set using a diesel switcher locomotive.
Bachmann did have a set like that in the late 1970s: the Yardmaster, but it was with a blue-and-yellow Santa Fe switcher, pulling a boxcar and hopper car and caboose, and it only had a 36" circle of track instead of a 45x36" oval (which is what you have in mind, though the E-Z track equivalent would be 47x38").
Of course in the late 1970s, the Bachmann locomotives then were not the best quality compared to what they have today  ;D

Yeah, this would be a nice starter set for someone who'd start out with a diesel switcher with outside-frame side rods.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.