News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new here

Started by rains train, October 08, 2007, 01:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rains train

Okay, so I was into N scale, but pet hair kept getting into my trains and ruining them, so I'm back with HO, the only problem is I don't have much room, any ideas for a 5' by 8' would be appreciated, and also I would like to know what the best set I could get to start off with, thank.

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Guilford Guy

I have a plan for a 4x8... With a 5x8 you just broaden the curves to take larger cars...
Alex

rains train

Ok, what is it?

Guilford Guy

Alex

seanu

Atlas has some layout ideas here :

http://www.atlasrr.com/Code100web/index.htm

I am personally building a 4x8 layout with the "Senior Twice Around" plans for my 5 y.o. son. It would probably work a little better on a 5x8 or 5x9 table to give  a little more room at the edges. They also have a track CAD program, if you want to really plan your own layout : http://www.atlasrr.com/righttrack.htm.

Sean

Atlantic Central

Trains?.............Pets?................Trains?....................Pets?

Free to good home..........

rains train

Na...I really love my dog...lol

r.cprmier

Sheldon;

My Dog, my trains, my money, my women-in THAT order!

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

BIG BEAR

Rich,
   Is that #4  Singular or plural?  If you have more than 1 # 4, than you don't have any #3, but with that #1 you can always get more #4's.

Enjoy them all,
                Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Atlantic Central

OK, I'll admitt I'm a little self involved. Pets are like children who never grow up. I raised six children and was happy when they grew up.

That very occasional need to "take care" of another living thing is more than fullfilled by a couple of hours with the grand children on the weekend.

Walking a dog would cut into valuable modeling time.

And, wonderful as she is, one woman is more than enough.

Sheldon

r.cprmier

Barry, Sheldon;

What a wonderful world this is!  I come home and read these messages and crack up! 

Oh, Barry; that #4 is plural.  Not bragging.  I honestly wish it were not, and a long-term "not" at that.  Anyone who knocks having a significant Lady in his life is an idiot, and I envy those who do have one, and/or family to go along with it.
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Hamish K

To return to the original question, 5 foot by 8 foot in HO is certainly possible. A lot depends on what you wish to model, a Big Boy with a prototypical length trains is out of the question, mainline classic  passenger expresses my also look odd. But branchlines, shortlines and etc have  been done very well in 5' by 8' or less. As for sets, if you are into steam the Bachmann Spectrum Frontiersman would be a good choice. The 2-8-0 is a fine medium size loco, good for a smaller layout.

Hamish.

rains train

I've scratched the 4' by 8', now i've got some tables runnin around my room.

SteamGene

As far as ladies are concerned, I'll nominate my wife as train wife of the century.  She paid for the building Sheldon designed that houses the VT&P.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rains train

Ok, can we get back on topic...please? ._.