News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gp30 just spins

Started by newguy, October 06, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen D. Richards

MarkInLA

Newguy ! What did you pay for it ? If it was under say $30 best chalk it up to being one of many coulda woulda shouldas in model trains we all have experienced, and move on. If it was say $80 or over $100 I'd look into reporting it to ebay or paypal or however you obtained it and get your $$ back even if you must ship it back for $5-10 shipping. I doesn't sound like it's worth the headache of trying to fix it or take it apart yourself being you are a new guy..Then either go to ebay and to HO (I assume it is ) locomotives/trains. Good diesels are less expensive and less problematic than medium to expensive steam engines. If you are still running  them with an analog power pack or have bought a DCC control system make very very sure the engine you buy is designated for it before clicking the 'go to checkout' button ! Buy a mint condition brand new under warranty item. Athern, Atlas, Bachmann all have great diesels starting at about $80 (+-). Dcc equipped means 'no sound on board', Dcc/sound is obvious. No Dcc stated in ad means it's analog which they almost can't give away these days. If you are new to it, please get a 'how to build a model RR' type book with order. OR, if you have a train store close enough, start there....

jbrock27

Being "new" has nothing to do with anything; how much he paid, has nothing to do with anything either.  Neither should stop him from taking the shell off to try to find what the problem is or at the same time contacting the seller to work things out or if it becomes necessary bc of a lack of satisfaction from the seller, opening a case with Ebay. 
I don't agree there are any headaches involved here or that there is any part of this that is "not worth" making the effort.  This  entire experience is a learning one, how much is learned, depends on Newgie.
Keep Calm and Carry On