News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auto Reversing Module

Started by No mo HO, October 11, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No mo HO

Hello all;
I was a HO user of Bachmann ez track.  Downside I had 'plans' to try but lacked the table space.  So I'm slowly migrating to N scale.  Hence my screen name.  ;) I have 2 auto reverse modules that state they are able to be used for N scale. 
My question is can I use the same modules or are there modules specific to N scale?  Also is it safe to assume that there is the same special track pieces in N as in HO?

NarrowMinded

They should work just fine.

I use the same bachmann modules for N scale and G scale I just adjust them for the respective scales.

NM-Jeff

Hunt

Look at the Bachmann E-Z Command  DCC Automatic Reversing Loop Modules you have and reread the instructions. There is a setting for N Gauge.

Do not assume anything about Bachmann products.  ;)

Click Here for a list with description of current production N gauge Bachmann E-Z Track -  nickel silver track with gray roadbed. Bachmann current production turnouts are all routes live, while their older production N turnouts are the power routing type. The Bachmann N gauge turnouts can be more problematic than their HO ones.

No mo HO

Okay, I guess the question should have been is there any EZ track, that has the insulated gap already in it (i.e. 44597 in HO) for N scale?  Additionally If the answer to the previous question is 'yes' then what is the part number.  I've been through the N scale track listing with no success. Lastly, at least for now, is there specific wires  to attach the module to the track?  I don't think the wires I have for the HO will fin on an N scale piece of track.   ;D

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

No mo HO

NarrowMinded

Rather then buy a new piece of track, you can use a modeling saw to cut a gap in the rail where ever you need it.

After cutting the gap some people glue a peice of paper or card board in the gap to assure it doesn't close. Then they trim it away.

I just cut the gap then squeeze in some glue, after it dries I just clean the extra away with an exacting knife, I've never had an issue doing it this way.

Nm-Jeff