News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to remove shell

Started by Hunt, December 05, 2014, 11:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

The number of people is increasing who cannot determine how to remove shell using the model's exploded view diagrams.

Suggest coloring the screws in the diagrams that have to be removed or mark them in some way and add necessary instructions.

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on December 05, 2014, 11:02:45 PM
The number of people is increasing who cannot determine how to remove shell using the model's exploded view diagrams.

Suggest coloring the screws in the diagrams that have to be removed or mark them in some way and add necessary instructions.

Excellent idea.  All models should come with clear instructions on how to correctly remove the shell.   :)

Mr. B, over to you.

Cheers

Roger T.

dwbum

I agree wholeheartedly! I have been in contact with service (via Email) about removing the boiler shell on my 4-6-0 low boiler so that I can repair the front head light. The person said I can get at the bulb by removing the front boiler cap; I did this and can see the light bulb but cannot do anything be look at it as the LED is captured in the motor frame. If I could remove the boiler shell, repairing the light will be simple.
A while back, some one posted instructions with pictures on removing the boiler shell on a connie; this was great and also works for the 2-6-0. However, the 4-6-0 appears to be different.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Note, I also made a post about a month ago about repairing the head light in a 4-6-0.
Don

charon

And all posters should state what scale they are talking about.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

rogertra

Quote from: charon on December 06, 2014, 02:16:47 PM
And all posters should state what scale they are talking about.
Chuck

Every scale, obviously.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

charon

Good point, Roger.
However, I was referring to Don's post directly before mine.
Thanks,
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

jbrock27

If the OP posts in the correct scale to begin with, that's academic, but therein lies the problem, people don't slow down enough to pay attention to see there is a specific place for them to post their questions as my old pal RichG would be apt to point out to them.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

The OP is the infamous HUNT!
What he is trying to point out to Bachmann is the number of growing questions about shell removal in ALL scales is becoming greater as we have newbies that have never done this before.
If Bachmann would / could change the schematics included with the loco's to point out the screws hidden or not to remove the shell with a little explanation, would help A LOT!

Great idea HUNT!

Hunt

All,
My suggestion is just for the online files. Not worth the expense to do to the paper info included with the model.  Few have the paper when they need it.    ;D

Bucksco

Most of the problems people have removing locomotive shells has more to do with removing details such as handrails, cabs, and other separately applied parts - not so much finding the screws to remove. If the online files were 3 dimensional and could be rotated to see exactly where to precise screws were located it would be worth modifying them. Unfortunately just changing the color or the screws does not help with locating them on a 2 dimensional drawing. If folks are having a tough time and need help figuring out how to work on their locomotive the can call the Bachmann service department to get the help needed.