My Layout Pictures From 01/12 - to Present Enjoy

Started by trainmainbrian, December 17, 2014, 09:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainmainbrian

If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

trainmainbrian

If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

rogertra

Looking good, I see great potential.

One note.  In the photo that shows the NCE PowerCab throttle, should you not be using the coiled cable with the throttle and not the flat cable as shown?  I was under the impression the flat cable is for use only when programming.

Cheers

Roger T.

Hunt

an aside. . .
Roger T.
The NCE Power Cab is a full featured DCC system when used with the flat cable. When using the coiled cord it becomes a Cab (throttle) and can then be connected as part of another NCE DCC system.
Remember a DCC system can only have one unit operating as the DCC command station.

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on December 18, 2014, 09:03:09 PM
an aside. . .
Roger T.
The NCE Power Cab is a full featured DCC system when used with the flat cable. When using the coiled cord it becomes a Cab (throttle) and can then be connected as part of another NCE DCC system.
Remember a DCC system can only have one unit operating as the DCC command station.

I find the NCE instruction booklet somewhat "unclear" and, from various other sources, I'm not the only one.

Perhaps you can clear something up for me?

If I have one PowerCab plugged into my system, I should use the flat cable?

If I have multiple PowerCabs plugged into my system I should the use the coiled cables?

Or what?

Currently, I only use the flat cable on my programming track, which is in a different room than the railroad as that's also where my computer is.  I use JMRI for all CV programming.

Sign me "Confused."

Roger T.

Hunt

I can BUT

Roger contact NCE.

Bachmann's Yardmaster is deleting my replies with details about other manufacturer's products.

Hunt

Roger, I surmise you are using NCE SB5 Smart Booster  ;D