News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Problem

Started by tommy4u2, October 24, 2007, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy4u2

I am finally laying down my track and have run into a small problem, The track is code 100 nickle silver flex track being installed over 1 inche foam and cork roadbed
My problem is on the curves where the ends meet the track does'nt want to stay at a smooth curve The last 1/2 inch of each track wants to bend away from the curve slightly, this seams to happen where I remove the last tie so i can put on the rail joiner, I must be doing something wrong because I can for see derailment issues ahead at every place the tracks meet
Does anyone know of a video or can maybe explain how to correct this problem

As Always
Thank You in Advance
Tommy
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

You noticed the problem early on.  Solder the rails of the curves before the curve is complete.  What I do is start the curve, then while the curved track is straight at the end, solder the next section to it, then do the same until the curve is finished.  Of course make sure the track is joined together correctly and only solder on the outside of the rails.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

tommy4u2

Thanks Gene I knewI was missing something after I tried the first connection I will give it a try in the morning
Thanks again 
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

Welcome.  Understand that six months ago I couldn't spell "solder."  ;)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"