News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

need more help

Started by Hobojim, October 25, 2007, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobojim

Hello all,

I got a techii locomotion 2500 transformer also gottech ii sound generator 8000 no wires or instuctions how to hook them up????? please help..

SteamGene

The first item of business is how large is the layout you are going to run.   Will it need to be divided into blocks?  Will you need buss wires
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hobojim

Hi well for now at least i have a loop of track around my 4x8 table with a half loop inside my current model power transformer powers it just fine... i wanted the sounds but do not have instuctions and do not want to hook this up worng... the back of the sound genaratoe 8000  has speaker 1-2 ac input 3-4 to track 5-6
the loco motion 2500 hasvaribale DC  ACc/AC fixed DC .. where to go from here to make this work???????

Jim Banner

The AC terminals on your 8000 sound system connect to the AC terminals on your Tech II 2500.

The track terminals on your 8000 sound system connect to the track terminals of your Tech II 2500.  These terminals of the 2500 also connect to your tracks.

The speaker terminals on you 8000 sound system connect to the terminals of an 8 ohm speaker.  If you do not have the speaker that originally came with the 8000 sound system, then any 8 ohm speaker can be used but in general, the bigger the diameter the better the sound.

For more information, see the manual at http://www.modelrectifier.com/resources/trainSound/AA400.pdf
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.