News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Questions!

Started by NWsteam, November 02, 2007, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

I have a 6 1/2 by 8 foot layout that folds up agaist the wall.  A blessing and a curse.  If I would want to put up scenery (water particularly) how would I secure it? Also what is the best thing to clean our track with?

Thanks,
Brad

SteamGene

Scenery such as bushes, grass, shrubs, trees, flowers, roads, fences, etc, should be glued to the layout.  All things I know of to simulate water become attached to the layout.  With buildings, I'd use blocks of wood or foam that form the inside of the buidling and use these as a guide to place the buildings when the layout is down for operation, and then just lift them off when it's time to stow it. 
You can do a search on this forum on the 75 million sure shot, only way to clean track.  I like denature alchohol myself.  With a small layout, apply it with a lint free cloth and then wipe behind yourself with a dry one.  For a large layout, a track cleaning car is the way to go.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jayl1

Woodland Scenics makes small pellets that can melt into permanent "water" so the layout could be placed in a vertical postions.

glsummers

There is water a lot better then Woodland scenics. The product is called "EZ Waters" and it works great. It is the best water product on the market. It is easy to mix (has two parts) you don't have to deal with air bubbles like Woodland scenics "Realistic Water". The price is anywhere from $25 to $29 and worth every penny. I have used both products and "EZ Water" is the best thing on the market. ONce it cures (24 hours) you would have no problem with it leaning up aganist the wall. The best place I got mine was from Walthers or Blue Ridge Hobbies. Both can be found on the Internet. Hope this helps