News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Double stack Em1 locomotive

Started by Steam555, June 09, 2015, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam555

Is there any parts available for this locomotive, I couldn't find any parts on the Bachmann website

Im after the following parts and sent the parts department the following email

I purchased a Bachmann n scale 2-8-8-4 em1 double stack locomotive secondhand,

Due to poor packaging by the seller the tender draw bar was broken

I was wondering I could order the following parts for this locomotive

OADO4 tender draw bar
MT 11 and my 12
Screws 10450 x 2  and
N14x#mt16

A box for,the loco

I also need A copy of the brochure on the loco that Bachman includes with the loco

Postage will be to Australia

ACY

As far as I know, as of yet no parts are available for this engine but should be eventually at some point. The best way to proceed would be to ring the Bachmann USA Parts Department at the following number between the hours of 9 AM to 4 PM Eastern (Same time zone as New York City in the USA)
1-215-533-1600 Parts: Ext. 328 or 329

They would be best able to advise you when to expect the parts.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that the shipping and handling may make ordering the parts cost prohibitive due to the increased postage rates. The postage would likely be in the vicinity of $40 US. 

kewatin

perhaps MARK from spookshow could be of some assistance here ,as he has tested most if not all the bachmann locos.i just did a quick check and my bachmann 2-6-6-2 &most of all my larger bachmann locos have what looks like very similar 2 spring pickup bars that surely would fit,the only problem i see is the coupling distance may be slightly off.i do not own a EM-1 loco,so i cannot compare for you,so that is why maybe mark will chime in with some assistance.good luck.
regards&later KEWATIN

spookshow

Sorry, I don't have an EM-1 anymore (I don't model the B&O, so I sold mine after I finished testing it).

Cheers,
-Mark

plas man

I also need parts for my loco - Bachmann UK have had it back twice under warranty , they admit it needs new wheels ( claim they don't have any to replace ) it came back with damaged valve gear on rear engine , then 2nd time came back with parts of the front engine valve gear missing , they claim its running within tolerances !

kewatin

plasman, did you purchase your loco new in new? if so in britain.bachmann should step up to the plate &replace it. these things aren't cheap. i live in canada ,so any time i have had an issue,have sent it back to the usa and if they could not repair it they replaced it.fee if under the yr warranty period other wise $35 us after a yr. i checked their on line store and they have them in stock, so they should do a replacement for you. i understand the shipping costs might be a tad bit high,but maybe this is your only recourse.perhaps you know someone whom is coming stateside and could post it from the usa to bachmanns in phily,pa.also you can send them n e mail and get the customer service manage LAURA HARRIS  involved .she is a fantastic person and has helped me on some of my  returns  were there were issues. regards&later kewatin

ACY

Quote from: plas man on June 14, 2015, 11:10:22 AM
I also need parts for my loco - Bachmann UK have had it back twice under warranty , they admit it needs new wheels ( claim they don't have any to replace ) it came back with damaged valve gear on rear engine , then 2nd time came back with parts of the front engine valve gear missing , they claim its running within tolerances !
You have just one slight problem, you are on the wrong side of the pond. You are contacting the wrong place, the EM-1 is a Bachmann USA product not a Bachmann UK product so you can't expect Bachmann UK to stock parts for an American product and locomotive. If you want your locomotive serviced or replaced you will need to send it to Bachmann USA in Philadelphia, you will likely need to cover postage both ways even if it is still under the warranty period. If it is not under warranty it will follow the normal fee schedule. 

Steam555

I see bachmann parts team got,these parts in but didn't notify me that they came in and have gone out of stock again

So when will,these parts becoming back into stock

gatrhumpy

I have one and my drawbar was also broken, but I wasn't going to wait for anyone else. I made my own drawbar.