News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

removing ge e33 shell for inspection.

Started by pepegalego, November 05, 2007, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepegalego

One of the things the bachmann diagrams never show is how to remove the shell!

How do I remove the shell from a Spectrum ge e33 so I can inspect the gears as something seems to be grinding?

Are they supposed to be such bad turners on curves? it keeps derailing at less that third radius curve.

Thanks

Conrail Quality

First, remove both coupler boxes. Second, take a small screwdriver and remove the the side peices which hide the battery box(unless its Conrail, in which case it will not have the side peices). Next, carefully remove the battery box (slowly pry it out, don't yank it). Finally, you will see that the battery box was concealing two small peices of plastic. Use the screwdriver to wedge one towards the center of the locomotive(if it resists slightly, you're doing it right), and while one is wedged, do the same thing to the other one. You should then be able to remove the shell. As for turns, it is a big locomotive, and it simply will NOT run on anything less than 22" radius. It would look strange doing so, anyway.

Hope this helps!
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

pepegalego

Thanks for the informaition.The thing is it rumbles, as if something were grinnding, a gear or something like that. I have chipped it with a lenz silent Back MF  dcc chip but should it rumble?

Thanks