News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge set

Started by Thomasfan39, September 29, 2015, 02:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomasfan39

Does anybody think that next year Bachmann will make a Narrow Gauge set?

Chaz

Generally speaking, most of the sets that Bachmann produces will feature just the Thomas engine himself, as shown in both the HO and large scale ranges.  It isn't too often other characters get sets nowadays. 

However, for the Skarloey range I personally believe that this is something they should truly invest in.  It would not only make collecting this range easier for those who don't own any HOe/OO9 track, (or even N scale track for that matter), but it would also be a great stepping stone for getting people started with the range.  I don't see why they shouldn't since technically speaking this is a new range, all things considered.

Personally, considering Bachmann's track record with their On30 line train sets including HO track, as well as how they have been promoting the Skarloey range, I imagine they would imagine they would do an oval of N scale track for the set (although if they use PECO track that would be a nice bonus).  The rest of the set would include Skarloey, the open wagon, and one of the vans.  This alone would make an ideal set for those who want to get started with the narrow gauge lineup. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DucktheGWREngine08

I really hope it happens and they use Sir Handel or Peter Sam as the first engines for the set.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #2 By DucktheGWREngine08: I agree, of course Sir Handel and Peter Sam should also be released seperately as well, as in a Train Set.

Chaz

I think if they were to do a "starter set" for narrow gauge I think that Skarloey being the locomotive in the set would make the most sense. He is the most well-known out of all of them and is the first locomotive to be introduced into the range.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #4 By Chaz: Good point after all, Skarloey is No. 1 Engine of the Narrow Gauge Railway, just like Thomas the Tank Engine is No.1 of the mainline railway!