News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Testing, Help Needed

Started by gardavis, November 13, 2007, 03:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardavis

I have a new EZ Command and a 2=8=0 Baldwin Loco from the Frontiersman set.  The Loco runs great on DC, but refuses to do anything with the DCC control.  It will acknowledge a change in channel from 3 to 2 for example, but no lights or movement after that.  Short of sending both back to Bachman, any ideas of how I can isolate the problem to  the Loco or the controller?

RAM

You do have decoders in these locomotives????

Stephen D. Richards

The Frontiersman have built in decoders.  Did you turn the controller back on after you set the new address?  In other words is the power light on steady and not flashing? If you did and it still doesn't work the repair department may be your best shot!  Hope that helps some.  Stephen

railbuffintx78559

Before sending off your things to the repair department, let me refresh you with the programming steps with the Bachmann ez command system.

1.)  With the ez-command controller on, press and hold button 3 and stop button and simultaneously release the buttons.  The red light will flash quickly. 
2.)  Set locomotive on the track and choose and address, like 4.  After you press 4, the locomotive will acknowledge the address change by short movement.  The red light is now flashing slowly. 
3.)  Press the Stop Button.  The red light is now steady. 
4.)  With 4 selected, press the function button and then press button 10 to turn on the lights.  Now move the throttle on the controller.  If the locomotive moves, your problem is solved.  If your locomotive does not move, then send off the locomotive and command controller.

I hope this helps.