News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

club

Started by adari, November 14, 2007, 05:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

Mr. Bachmann why dont you have a collectors club or anything like that.
Thanks

rogertra

Nobody "collects" plastic model railroad equipment.  It's a non-collectable item.  It's all disposable.  If your locos get outdated, like my 30 plus Athearn diesels, you stick 'em on a shelf and forget 'em or give them away to people who want them.  They're a good start for newbies.

Mike

Roger- I would venture a guess that many would beg to differ with such an all-inclusive statement!- Mike S.

hindmarch

i have also old althearn deisels and they run without problems,i also have 6 steam engines from east germany  which are over 50 yrs old, i converted them to digital and they run just fine,so dont write off the old trains ,many are worth more than to stand on a shelf,regards Bryan

Dr EMD

Bachmann does have a "club". Bachmann produce these set for someone else.

There is one born every minute....... ;D

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

rogertra

Quote from: Mike on November 14, 2007, 06:10:29 PM
Roger- I would venture a guess that many would beg to differ with such an all-inclusive statement!- Mike S.

In that case Mike, I have around 30 "collectable" Athearn diesels for sale, all from the 1970s.  I'll consider offers in the region of $100.00 each. 

Oh, that's Canadian dollars BTW, given the current value of the U.S. buck.  ;-)

SteamGene

I've got a couple of Rivarossi Hudsons I'll sell. Say, $150 each.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

An unassembled American GK E60CP kit from the 1970's would probably sell in the $100 price range, despite having horrifying pantographs, 70's Athearn drive, and having numerous small inacuracies. The point is, don't dismiss plastic models as collectors items, espcially when, like in this case, the orginal tooling is suspected of having been damaged, and there is really nothing that compares (sorry Bachmann, your RTR E60's just aren't as good for E60MA kitbashes as the GK kits).
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale