News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Troubleshooting power issue

Started by show33, December 20, 2015, 03:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

show33

Afternoon Gentlemen:
Been a while since I was on here, hope all is well with everyone!
My son has been running the DCC GP 40 Santa Fe loco today. Suddenly stopped working. Now works in reverse, but as soon as you switch direction it shuts down altogether. Haven't looked at it closely yet, but any advice on potential troubleshooting would be great
Thanks

Hunt

Reset the decoder – program 8 to CV 8. Remember after a successful decoder reset its address is 3.

You cannot do this reset procedure if you are using a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center.

show33

Thanks Hunt, unfortunately I am using the EZ command

bapguy

It could be a mechanical problem. If you want to reset the decoder, is there a hobby shop close by with a DCC system they can use to reset the decoder? If not state the city and state you live in to see if someone close by can help you. You can take the shell off and see if you can turn the motor by hand in both directions. If one way works and the other way doesn't, it's a mechanical problem in one or both trucks , which means dis-assembling the loco  to see if you can fix it, send it to Bachmann to fix or is it under warranty? If under warranty, send it to Bachmann  get fixed for free.  Joe

Hunt

Lets try --- Change to a different address using  the procedure in section REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES, page 3 in the Setup and Programming Instructions.

If needed -- [http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/images/E-Z_Command_instructions.pdf] Click Here [/url]  for PDF of the E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions

If this does not solve the problem ----  time to contact Bachmann Service Department for your options.

Hunt

Correction -- for the Click Here link.

If needed -- Click Here   for PDF of the E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions