News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help With Christmas Trolley Not Moving

Started by snowlin, November 17, 2007, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowlin

Hi, Can someone please help me get my Trolley moving again.  It putters along the track, barely moving, then stops.  Thanks

Terry Toenges

If it's Bachmann's reversing trolley set with the shed, maybe you can try this -
Try another loco on the trackage, then try the trolley on a separate section of track that's not hooked up to the reversing set.
If a loco runs fine on the trolley track, then it could be the trolley at fault.
If the trolley runs fine on different track, then it could be the trolley track.
When I did this, the trolley ran fine on other track and the loco didn't run very well on the trolley track.
That meant it the trolley set up was the culprit.
On the Bach Man's advice, I tried a different "plug in" black box and it worked fine.
Feel like a Mogul.

dc

I've had the Main St and #36 trolleys.  Both of my did the same thing unfortunately.  I returned the one unit and broke the other one trying to fix it.   Trashed the bottom and sold the shell on craigslist to someone who had a brill trolley that worked so he could have a different trolley look, without buying another one.