News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Acella

Started by HoModeler, February 09, 2016, 05:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

I have an Acella set.. But not with the HPP Engine My Engine #is 2004... I had a DCC decoder installed but no sound the Train Tech that puts in all my DCC & Sound profiles in my locos @ my Train hobby shop said he does not know what sound profile to use So he just did a DCC decoder until I found out what is the proper sound profile... Does anyone know what Sound profile I can use & tell pass the info to the Tech & is the proper sound for the engine at question....I would like to have sound...  Oh just wondering can Smoke be added too to this engine... Thanks

the Bach-man

Smoke? On an Acela?
Hmmm...
the Bach-man

on30gn15

Now smoke would make sense in the GG1 with its oil fired boiler for providing steam for car heat.
Acela, however, as far as I know, has all electric utilities.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

HoModeler

Quote from: on30gn15 on February 10, 2016, 03:40:30 AM
Now smoke would make sense in the GG1 with its oil fired boiler for providing steam for car heat.
Acela, however, as far as I know, has all electric utilities.

LOL yes it would... I like Diesels that smoke I have a PA-1 Lehigh Valley Loco that Smokes... Must say 1 of my favorite Locos to run...But still haven't gotten an answer on what type of sound chip to install if there is one on the market...

Len

The only sound decoders for electric locos I'm aware of are made by Dallee Eletectonics:

https://www.dallee.com/dc_electric.html

There may be others, but I haven't seen them. And whatever sounds it might make idling at a station, the only sound, other than it's horn, I've ever heard from an Acela under power was a kind of, "shhhhhhhhhwoooooosh!", as it went by.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jhanecker2

To HoModeler :   You do realize  that Acela  & HPP are fully Electric  engines  that are powered by overhead power lines . There is no reason that  smoke would be coming out of the engines since modern  passenger  cars  utilize  HEP connectors  to supply power to cars .  This results in cars and locomotives that don't make very much noise what so ever . John2.

HoModeler

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on February 10, 2016, 08:41:38 AM
To HoModeler :   You do realize  that Acela  & HPP are fully Electric  engines  that are powered by overhead power lines . There is no reason that  smoke would be coming out of the engines since modern  passenger  cars  utilize  HEP connectors  to supply power to cars .  This results in cars and locomotives that don't make very much noise what so ever . John2.

I do understand that... I was just wondering if it could ever be done I had a regular DCC chip installed because the Loco was org from a Set & came with a DC throttle So I Run Full DCC on my layout All my other locos have DCC & Sound & I just wanted to see if I can get sound in the Acela loco.. & the smoke comes from an Loco"  PA-1 " I have that came through from factory with DCC & Sound & Smoke & I like the smoke feature & is one of my favorite locos to run @ this time.... Next to my Steam Locos I love running my UP Big Boy... " just wish Bachmann made a big boy "

brokenrail

Always wondered why Bachmann did not make a Big Boy when it seems everyone else did them all around the same time.Bachmann makes some of the finest steam engines made in my opinion, and you would think they would want to show off their best a little to the competition. I Like that EM1, but it is no Big Boy.Just a opinion from a lefty in a rightly world. ;D
Johnny Adam

Jhanecker2

Brokenrail :   Why would anybody spend hundreds of thousands  of dollars to get into already saturated market ?  "Big Boys were used only by ATSF to run trains in a relatively limited area of  western  district.    Businesses are in business  to make profits not to score brownie points  .    If you want a "Big Boy "  buy one , they are available . John2.

on30gn15

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on February 15, 2016, 08:03:29 AM
"Big Boys were used only by ATSF ...
???
https://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/steam/locomotives/4014/about_4014.shtml
QuoteTwenty-five Big Boys were built exclusively for Union Pacific Railroad, the first of which was delivered in 1941.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

bapguy

Soundtraxx new Economi decoder. It can be hardwired in or have an adapter to plug into an 8 pin socket.
http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/econami/eco100.php
They also have a board style.
http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/econami/ecopnp.php
Joe

Jhanecker2

to  on30gn15 :   You are totally correct . I named the wrong big western railroad .  The Big boys I believe were used on their Sherman Hill division to get their heavy freight trains over the Rockies  without  multiple engines .  That I think was their  most extreme grade .  Sorry for the mix up . John2.

brokenrail

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on February 15, 2016, 08:03:29 AM
Brokenrail :   Why would anybody spend hundreds of thousands  of dollars to get into already saturated market ?  "Big Boys were used only by ATSF to run trains in a relatively limited area of  western  district.    Businesses are in business  to make profits not to score brownie points  .    If you want a "Big Boy "  buy one , they are available . John2.
Jhanecker2///For 1 Union Pacific had them Only!  2,, If your not going to answer the question or have any relevant answer to support the question or concern .Do not answer with nonsense or in a aggressive manner .This is not needed here. What about the 70ace in an already saturated market.Where is your answer for this?You forgot that part in your incredible answer that contradicts itself ;D
Johnny Adam

jward

Quote from: brokenrail on February 14, 2016, 08:06:25 PM
Always wondered why Bachmann did not make a Big Boy when it seems everyone else did them all around the same time.Bachmann makes some of the finest steam engines made in my opinion, and you would think they would want to show off their best a little to the competition. I Like that EM1, but it is no Big Boy.Just a opinion from a lefty in a rightly world. ;D
Johnny Adam
it would seem to me to be a much better business decision to make something, like the EM1, that everybody else isn't already making. that way, you have the market for that locomotive to yourself. as for the sd70ace, doesn't Bachmann have an exclusive deal with Norfolk southern to produce the heritage units? once again, they have that market to themselves.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

brokenrail

Athearn makes the 70ACE  along with Intermountain before Bachmann announced theirs.Walthers just came out with their version although not a heritage .They do make a really nice NS t-bred  version along with the UP flag and the pumpkin I call it, BNSF. Broadway Limited announced they were gong to also.The 70ace is the modern workhorse that the sd40 was in it's time .It figures that everyone is going to show off their version I guess.Still waiting for the Bachmann to come out with the rest of their Heritage Diesels.Looks to be 9 or 10 different schemes to go. What happened to them .Anybody know?
JohnnyAdam