News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turntable ?

Started by propmeup1, February 16, 2016, 06:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

propmeup1

If I missed it in the fine print i'm sorry, is this forum only for Bachmann products or can I ask about other ?  I have the Walthers 130' turntable and I'm having difficult hooking up the wires for DCC. The directions show one thing and I been told other ways to do it either on line or video.  either way the table make a buzzing sound even when not running. I tried it DC and it works fine with no noise.

I'm confused on the wiring coming and going from the power and tracks,

Here is a pre-Thank you for any help,

Keith

propmeup1

Ok, everyone ready for a good laugh :-[.  I did have everything wire correctly for DCC. However since my turntable and roundhouse have been sitting for a year now and I am finally getting to the point to run it, well I put an old Rivorossi big boy on the table just for show while the other 44 stalls have been filled all with steam mind you. 
The buzzing was coming from the DC big boy sitting on DCC rails,  Duhhhh !I finally went over to look at the table first hand and felt it. It wasn't the motor in the table buzzing it was the engine.

OK i'm all set but you can all learn from this and enjoy the story, pass it please,

Keith ;)

Ken G Price

Now you have learned something new.
I have had lots of these type of learning experiences since doing DCC from 2007. ::)
And I'm sure many more fun ones will come. ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

nymark

When I first switched to DCC, I bought my equipment from a long time modeler who told me when his club did the switch they had a head on collision in the first ten minutes. It only took me 5!

propmeup1

This railroad thing has become more fun then ever and even more frustrating when things don't work right, I love it ! ;D

Keith