News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts question fo the Bach Man

Started by Mr Mechanic, March 18, 2016, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mechanic

Parts listing for the F7 diesel has different trucks listed for DCC #H615X-00A01-PR-B and DCC sound #76005-0F301-B, what is the difference,gear ratio?

brokenrail

I think the Bachmann is grieving.I think I can answer.The trucks on the f7 changed for dcc in that from the truck pickups they use 2 wires compared to the dc version of old used 1 wire and 1 contact strip to the frame that used the frame rather then a wire for connection .The trucks are the same gear ratio and basically the same on 2 axle truck diesels except the switchers where they use many different types.The older dc version f7 may not have the motor isolated from the frame.This should be checked when adding any kind of a dcc decoder.
Johnny Adam

Mr Mechanic

The parts list has an older version that had a pancake motor mounted to the truck, not available, but these are listed as for DCC and the other DCC sound, both pictures look to be the same, both have the new style power pickups with black and red wires. That's why I was wondering if they are different ratios. Might be wrong pictures shown. They also list a truck, regular, for older generation, only black wire on it.

Bucksco

Actually the best way to get the answer would be to contact the Service department.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Mr Mechanic

Just in case anyone wanted to know, this is the reply from Bachmann parts.

- #H615X-00A01-PR-B: Truck for DCC

- #76005-0F301-B: Truck for DCC Sound.

The difference are in the shapes of the contacts and the truck frame.