News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berkshire

Started by traindad, March 20, 2016, 03:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traindad

Looking for a wiring schematic for the soundboard found in the Berkshire model 52401. Can't seem to locate anything on the Bachmann site or the Soundtraxx site.
It seems straight forward but I'm lost when it comes to the V+ and SMK pads.
Thanks in advance.

DAVE2744

I have two Mogul types, 2-6-0.  One of them had a Bachmann DCC/Sound board that had the same outputs as you describe.  They are indeed to drive a "smoke" unit.  My Moguls did not have a smoke unit.  The space for it was taken up with the boiler weight from the factory.  I am assuming the board was a "generic" to be used across several products.  I have seen some 0-6-0 locos with DCC & smoke, as a train set.  What was even stranger, the Mogul actually had all the wiring up to the front of the boiler, as if a smoke unit was there!  These were original, factory new units.  Go figure.  Dave

traindad

Thanks Dave.
We have several Versions of the Berkshire and my son converted the sound board in one of them to a TCS WOW Sound for some of the additional features. He picked up an unlettered unit with just the DCC and was in the process of installing the Sound board when he noticed the SMK terminal. Of course he never noticed it when he removed it from the original engine.
And as you mentioned, it already had the leads attached so he though he was missing a connection somewhere. Then he wondered where the power pickup connections from the engine landed. Only made sense to parallel them with the tender connections. He did and all is well. Just surprised , I couldn't find any info on line about it. 
Appreciate your response.
Chris