STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2018, 03:20:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Rusty illustration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Rusty illustration  (Read 3217 times)
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »

(since there's no telling if Bachmann has measurements for Sir Handel yet).
Well they could always ask ThomasTankMerch...! Wink
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 11:22:43 PM »

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan’s model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series. They already promised a corrected coach model, I don’t see why they wouldn’t proceed to making Duncan look better. But that’s just speculation, but look, the new coaches aren’t based of their ugly CGI counterparts, so who knows really.
Just food for thought.

HLCR
Can you point me to where they said this? I'd like to read/hear what they said, especially since it means we'll get corrected CGI models!
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 11:46:35 PM »

What do you mean, “you could always ask ThomasTankMerch..!”?
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 11:48:44 PM »

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan’s model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series.
Can you point me to where they said this? I'd like to read/hear what they said, especially since it means we'll get corrected CGI models!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamFilledStudio/status/933841606763048960

This is what I could find with rudimentary googling, but I swear they specifically said that they would change the models after they got the dimensions. In the meantime I'm sure you can make a pretty good guess by them saying "will be passed on to the modeling team", and from what I can see from the pictures on the site, Bachmann's models are based off the model series ones.

ThomasTankMerch is on twitter and they just bought and received the original Season 4 Sir Handel. They also have Jack and The Pack scale Trevor, a few faces, and some rolling stock from the show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch

They could also go to cudak888 who just finished his replica Sir Handel about a week or so ago. In fact, at first some people thought this was cudak's because he just packaged it up and apparently shipped it somewhere after he had finished it. But no, ThomasTankMerch does have the real season 4 Sir Handel. Funnily, cudak is the one who sent Jam Filled the measurements of the original coaches while he was vacuforming his modified version of the (if I remember correctly) season 3 coaches. He's also building a James replica, and James would complain if he had to pull dirty trucks.

HLCR
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 04:08:24 PM by HLC Railroad » Logged

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 03:39:22 AM »

If they do fix Duncan's render and make it look better than the current render, then I would be more open to it.  For now though, with the references that they have I think it's best for Bachmann to wait on him until we are lucky enough to get said revisions.

Too bad I can't "like" posts on here, so you get an emoji instead. 👍
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »

It wouldn’t surprise me if Bachmann did make Duncan’s model based on Douglas as Jam Filled has expressed an interest in fixing some of the models in the series.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamFilledStudio/status/933841606763048960

This is what I could find with rudimentary googling, but I swear they specifically said that they would change the models after they got the dimensions. In the meantime I'm sure you can make a pretty good guess by them saying "will be passed on to the modeling team", and from what I can see from the pictures on the site, Bachmann's models are based off the model series ones.

ThomasTankMerch is on twitter and they just bought and received the original Season 4 Sir Handel. They also have Jack and The Pack scale Trevor, a few faces, and some rolling stock from the show.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch

They could also go to cudak888 who just finished his replica Sir Handel about a week or so ago. In fact, at first some people thought this was cudak's because he just packaged it up and apparently shipped it somewhere after he had finished it. But no, ThomasTankMerch does have the real season 4 Sir Handel.

HLCR
Thank you! This is some interesting and amazing stuff!
If they do fix Duncan's render and make it look better than the current render, then I would be more open to it.  For now though, with the references that they have I think it's best for Bachmann to wait on him until we are lucky enough to get said revisions.

Too bad I can't "like" posts on here, so you get an emoji instead. 👍
I think adding the ability to like posts on this forum would be fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:17:22 PM by Rodimus Supreme » Logged
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:44 AM »

Sweet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: