News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NKP 8100 issue

Started by Rickenbacker 325, September 11, 2016, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

Hi guys, I am very upset today more than ever, but I have been upset before with this. I got this engine for Christmas last year and loved it. I noticed about a month later yellow paint on my track and didnt know what it was for. Upon closer inspection, it was the paint on the handrails chipping off on its own and there is now alot of it missing. I wasnt to worried about that but what I saw yesterday frankly ******* me off. Now the lettering is coming off of the left side of the engine and is all messed up. It is a $319 engine and this is pretty serious... Can I call the Service Department tomorrow and see if I can send it in and get a new one? I was at a loss for words when I saw it. I handle my engines by holding the fuel tanks, I do not touch the front or back hand rails and i dont touch the lettering or the stripes, so how could this happen? It has sat on my layout since I took it out of the box, could this be the reason for it? I have other Bachmann diesels that Ive had for years without having this problem. Let me know!

Rickenbacker 325

Very strange, looks like I will be investing in a few cans of clear coat. I will give them a call tomorrow. I did take some pictures of the issue to post but no mater what the size of the picture is they wont upload. Hopefully this isnt an issue with the latest run of ES44's as I was planning on getting the NSR and Conrail. Thank you for your help.

Jhanecker2

To Rickenbacker 325 :  Please read   F.A.Q.   General  Topics    : posting  pictures  on Photobucket .    You must have a photo - hosting site to post  picture to this site .    John 2 .

Rickenbacker 325

I will post pictures tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

Also, what happened to BrokenRail's post?

Rickenbacker 325

Here are the pictures of the handrails and the logo. I never have touched the handrails for the paint to even come off. Same with the side of the engine.

Bucksco

Contact the Bachmann Service department and they will be happy to take care of the situation for you.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Jhanecker2

Looks like either a bad batch of paint  or bad batch of primer .  Question :  Are those  real metal rails ?  They look like they are rusted .  John 2.

Bucksco

The handrails are plastic.