News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44592 set(s)

Started by MJH_QED, March 09, 2017, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJH_QED

I have been looking for months now and cannot find anyone who has them in stock or knows when they will get any. I am on a backorder list at no less than three shops. Anyone at Bachmann know if these will be produced any time in the next year so that I know whether or not I have to re-design my layout. Thanks

Terry Toenges

If you want to buy from France here's a set. Expensive but it depends how bad you want them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-5-raccords-Bachmann-HO-1-87-/322429432962?hash=item4b124ab482:g:GbMAAOSw1DtXH2SB
You might want to check the place below. It doesn't say they are out of stock.
http://www.activepowersports.com/bachmann-44592-e-z-track-connector-assortment-ho-44592-model-train/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAl4TGBRDhgvmikdHPsdABEiQAtBcc8LvYSLD7RUVtIqC-2OEV9x0aRmnTy-gvw31HFxTdb6YaAoP28P8HAQ
I checked a bunch of places that I buy from and they are all out.
Feel like a Mogul.

MJH_QED

Thanks for the reply but... I don't want to have to be ordering from overseas. I am re-working my layout as we speak on SCARM. Active Powersports is indeed out of stock, I have already gotten my money back from them after some e-mailing. They've gotten a good number of bad reviews for listing things as in stock that were not. I just will have to settle for my first layout I suppose.

jbrock27

This is one regard where regular sectional track has it over EZ track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

MJH_QED

Yes, I hear that. This will be my first track layout so I wanted to use EZ-track to make it easier... Not so much I found out. Still though, after my re-work, I think that it will still be pretty good.

Penn1974

What parts are you actually looking for out of the sets and how many of each ?

James in FL

EZ Track can be cut to any length....with a Razor Saw and a Mitre box.
Look for 40+ TPI blade.

MJH_QED

Quote from: Penn1974 on March 10, 2017, 02:56:53 PM
What parts are you actually looking for out of the sets and how many of each ?

With what I had put together previously, I was needing 1 @.75" 2 ea @ 1.0" and 1.5" and 3 @2" but I have already redesigned my first layout and have gotten all of the parts.

MJH_QED

Quote from: James in FL on March 10, 2017, 07:16:20 PM
Look for 40+ TPI blade.

I'll file this under good to know. For my first layout I didn't want to do too much custom work as I will be handing it over to my nephew when I am ready to move onto more involved layouts and installations.

jbrock27

Quote from: James in FL on March 10, 2017, 07:16:20 PM
Look for 40+ TPI blade.

Queries: Start cutting from the top of the track or underside?  Does one cut from the underside until reaching the ties, then separate the roadbed portion and cut rails with a pair of Xurons?  What does one have to do after cutting it, to create space between the bottom of the rails and the plastic roadbed for rail joiners?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

My method is to use the Xuron cutters first, flush side towards the part you want to use. Then slide the 'waste' rail over and cut through the ties and roadbed from the top. If it's long enough, save the 'waste' section for future use.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Thanks for the response, Len
With the plastic roadbed in the way, how good of a cut can you get, since you cannot place the rail in position to be all the way in the jaws of the Xuron?  The roadbed has to interfere with the tip of the Xurons using that method, since you can only get the tip of the cutters against the rail, no?  It is not like cutting regular style sectional track where you have the ability to pass the Xuron all the way through the piece of track to cut the rails.      ???
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Plastic's not as hard as rail, so I just let the tip of the Xuron's cut into the tie. Seems to work fine.

Len

jbrock27

Thanks for the explanation.

And there is room enough the way it is, to just be able to slide rail joiners onto the cut ends, w/o having to do anything else?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

I use a 52TPI Zona saw to trim away some tie material to make room for the rail joiner.

Len