News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann turntable/roundhouse

Started by bob kaplan, April 15, 2018, 07:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Is there a round house available the would be easily modified to pair with the Bachmann turntable.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
Absolutely!
Check out Tidmouth Sheds in the Thomas section of the catalog!
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=879_756_772_773&products_id=1739
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bob kaplan

Yes, I knew about that package.   But I already have the electric turntable.   I just need a roundhouse.   I don't think it is available separately is it?
   Thanks.

Len

The Bachmann turntable tracks are 20 degrees apart. So you could use a roundhouse with stalls seperated by 10 degrees, such as the Walthers Cornerstone roundhouse, and run a dummy track to every other stall.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Warflight

If the Tidmouth Sheds had an electric turntable, I would be all over that! I love that the doors are spring loaded, and open and close automatically with the engines.

Jhanecker2

To bob kaplan : There are add on  stalls available Tidmouth Sheds . Would it be possible to build a round house from the addons ? John2.

bob kaplan

I have installed the turntable on my layout and after much breaking in, tracks are starting to line up a bit....at least it is usable.
  I would like to install the handrails on the deck itself.  But it comes with tiny little plugs that fill the holes where the handrails are to be mounted.  I have tried prying them out with a hobby knife and pulling on them with needle nose pliers.  But nothing seems to grasp them.  What is the correct method to remove the plugs that are preventing me from removing the supplied handrails.    Thanks.

hgcHO

I used a sharp of Exacto knife classic # 11.  press into plug edge and pop free.
hgcHO

bob kaplan

thank you  ....   i'll give it a try.