Installing turntable - programming to work with the Dynamis Wireless Controller

Started by univengprof, December 21, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

univengprof

I need some help. I have two questions First, I have the 44915 decoder for the turntable, but the plug-in that goes into the socket on the turntable does not indicate which direction it should be in. I can see the 1 and 8 on the board, but am not sure about the one on the plug-in. Is the end with the red wire the end that I need to install it on? 

Second, I use the Dynamis Wireless Controller, and I am not sure how to "wire it" for operating the turntable. I have the turntable isolated and the power connection for the turntable on the track. When I have it powered, it shows about 9 volts. Are there any other power connections I need to make? Since I think I will be able to operate the turntable from my remote, is installing the decoder and programming decoder all I need to do?

univengprof

Good news!!! I found the scheme for the decoder and now know which wires are for the 1 and 8 sockets on the turntable. But I am still needing to know how to program the decoder. I have isolated the turntable and hooked the power. I think the thing that confuses me is how to actually program. I guess that when I programmed my turnouts I had to do something to activate them to the settings I set. But does something like this have to be done to activate the turntable. Also, is the track power all that is needed to operate the turntable? Do I still need to use the red cable to be connected to the turntable and a power source? Thanks in advance to any advice you can give me!

univengprof

I am still looking for help on connecting the turntable to the rest of the system. My problem is about the power source. Do I still follow the basic instructions concerning connecting the turntable to the power by connecting it with the red wire? Do I need to run that wire to the power service as well as the turntable track connection to the track? I understand about programming the turntable by making a new entry in the controller by making the entry like it is another locomotive. Should I do this on the main track or the separate track connected to the turntable track powered by the Dynamis? Help please. :'(