Use of stationary decoders with EZ track #5 turnouts

Started by steveeusd, December 20, 2007, 05:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveeusd

Hello Everyone--

Much has been written on DCC for operating our trains and turnouts.  My question is: has anyone experienced connecting stationary decoders (I believe that's the appropriate name) to Bachmann's remote (electric) EZ-track #5 turnouts (or another size turnouts)?  What equipment did you use?  Manufacturer?  Approximate price?  Results, Etc.?

I realize Bachmann plans to introduce some time soon DCC controlled turnouts, but what about folks like me who have already invested a lot of money in remote EZ track turnouts and crossovers?  I am sure many of you out there are in the same boat.

Furthermore, and this may be a question for the Bach Man, can remote switches be retrofitted for DCC capability?     

Thanks for your input.

Steve

Kris Everett

type in "Multiple turnouts with DCC' in the search

ABC

All you need is a stationary decoder to control standard turnouts, some can control up to 4 turnouts others only 1 turnout.

OldTimer

Go to the Digitrax home page at www.digitrax.com .  On the right-hand side of the page you'll see a menu.  Click on Stationary Decoders.  You can read about features and download a manual.  Hope this helps.
Just workin' on the railroad.

bandmguy

I have several DS 64 units, they work like a charm.