News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MOW transportation?

Started by NWsteam, December 20, 2007, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

I saw a pretty cool thing today.  There was a long line of MOW vehicles sitting on a siding.  Track clears, speeders, you name it was there.  The interesting part was that they had some flat cars in front of them, and there was a ramp from the flat car down to the rails.  The ramp had rails on it.  Were they loading the MOW vehicles onto the flat car?  ???

RAM

I am sure the answer would be yes.

hotrainlover

Yes, they have been doing that.  We have a junction right next to my work.  The UP parks their MOW equipment there from time to time.  There are rails afixed on flat cars.  I have seen some specialized equipment riding on these cars, that fit regular track.

jayl1

Bachmann even makes some MOW items - powered ballast regulator, speeder, and a rail truck (looks European though).  Also I believe Durango Press also makes some metal items as kits.

bevernie

"Yes, they have been doing that.  We have a junction right next to my work.  The UP parks their MOW equipment there from time to time.  There are rails afixed on flat cars.  I have seen some specialized equipment riding on these cars, that fit regular track ":)

Are the rails on these cars on ties, or are the rails connected directly to the bed of the car?
                 ???                                                                     THANX!!
                                                                                       Ernie      8)
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

kevin2083

I was stopped by a NS train today on the way to the dentist (3 times actually, by the same train!). It had 2 newer AC traction locomotives on the front, 64 tank cars, and on the end were 32 MOW cars with equipment such as speeders, work trucks, balast vehicles, tractors, and office trailers loaded on flatcars. There were also some Southern and NW 40' boxcars and 50' gondolas with NS markings. Most of the flats were aout 60' long and painted black without any RR name, just data. Most of the equipment was painted orange, and very dirty.

just thought I'd share...
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||