News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum dash 8-40cw parts help please.

Started by pghwrench, December 16, 2019, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pghwrench

Hey I have just acquired three NIB spectrum locos the undecorated dash 8-40cw.
Upon unsealing the first box. The front right truck side frame is completely missing. I called Bachmann. Got the responce no longer available and was told to ask here if anyone had this part available. So much for a warranty. Shame is i have two more sealed identical ones. Hope they arent missing anything. Thanks for the help if you guys can

Hunt

pghwrench

Thats part of the problem these were sold no return they were sealed units. So not really on the seller. Kind of dissapointed that documentation states lifetime warranty but call them and they cant help. If a company goes out of business thats one thing but for a company to put Lifetime on their warranties  and then not keep parts or honor it. Is horrible. Reciept in hand may have been discontinued but it is a brand new purchase and should be honored.

Hunt

Sold as No Return to me is a Red Flag indicating seller is fully aware of Bachmann warranty that is a Lifetime Limited Warranty not a lifetime warranty.

Click Here for Bachmann warranty information, which includes, "Note: even if in original packaging, units purchased at flea markets, railroad swap meets, garage sales, online auctions of previously owned products, and similar venues are NOT covered by this or any other warranty."

Hope you locate the part you need.