Niagra 4-8-4 new loco and new tender with DCC.

Started by movprod, April 17, 2020, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movprod

I purchased the guts for the Niagra 4-8-4, with DCC and the Tender with DCC. Unfortunately, there are no instructions with the product. I plugged in the two prong and four prong connectors from the tender to the loco and only the head light worked. Are there any instruction sheets on the Bachman website to help me out?

rich1998

Welcome.
There are no instructions. Go to the Parts, Service and Information Page. Look for the diagram page for the loco and tender. Those are what come with a new loco. Manufacturers expect users to have some DCC knowledge.
The Parts page will show some details.
The DCC page might shed some info.
The EZ Command decoder is there.
I have some Bachmann steamers. The two pin plug brings DCC power from the loco to the tender.
The four pin, two pins are lights, two pins motor power.
You might have to do a decoder reset. The EZ Command decoder is not the best but it does work.
CV8, enter8. Recycle track power. After a few seconds the headlight should flash sixteen times for a successful reset and the loco run on address 3.

Do yourself a favor and look over the complete Bachmann site. There are instructions for posting photos a few forums down. General Questions. You might need this. Beats being led by the hand.
Good luck.

Rich